View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 02:06 AM   #89 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
My beef here is the (potential) warranty issues created by the oil cooler.
Well, on this issue, we agree. However, if you have a good dealer, (i know, hard to find but they're out there), then that does lower this particular risk somewhat.

I will be the first to say that on the Nismo esp and also the sport pkg Zs, an oil cooler should have at least been an optional "accessory" like the Nismo brake pads are. Still, not something that most folks won't need to add to any other car that sees hard track time and then you'd be in the same boat warrantee wise.

Evo X's with the DCT (or whatever they call their dual clutch manual) have trans overheating issues on track I've read and require a trans cooler for serious track use, that's going to be a warrantee nightmare if anything ever went wrong as well.

In this price bracket, there are going to be compromises, or you buy a higher class of car used for the same as a new Z, evo etc and hopefully it's going to last you and not have been beat to sh!t by the last owner.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote