View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mr_Z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z PG-M6
Mr_Z is on a distinguished road
Exclamation How to guide

Topic no.1: IPod:

Hello again,

Now I have installed the adaptor, I though about posting a little “how to” since I find it very tricky to manipulate or to set-up because there is no manual for the 370z and the radio settings seems a little different from the other Nissan.

On the adaptor unit, there are some "dipswitches" that you can play with. Not sure about what they all do so I kept them all in the original upper position.
Once every thing is plugged in, see my guide below to save yourself some frustrations (trust me!). Also see my attached picture for reference:

First press 1, for display options. Set it to “Channel name”

To swith between modes:
Press 4-5-12 (in sequence) to switch between (SAT, AUX1, AUX2 and IPOD)
- SAT : Satelite Radio (if equipped)
- AUX1 : iPod (or else) with no text display. Control of the iPod is done on the iPod itself.
- AUX2 : To plug in another source if wanted
- IPOD: To control your iPod from the HU

In “IPOD” mode:
- Use 3 to bring up the menu
- Use 2 or 3 to move up or down the menu (PL list, Artist, Genre, etc)
- Use 3 to confirm (at the last level of the menu)
- Use 13 and 12 to go up to the next song or down to the last.
- Use 7 in IPOD mode to switch between RDM modes or not.

Other:
- If you would like to invert button 12 and 13 (TUNE), press 4-5-12-7 in sequence! It’s supposed to invert the “Track” or “Tune” button order (down vs up)… but so far, I haven’t been able to invert the Track button this way. It did manage to invert the Tune button but after fooling around with it for a while, I simply kept the default setting as it was ok for me. The reason why it's not obvious is that the display does not always show you what’s happening (a bit weird frankly).

- If you can’t understand where exactly you are in the menu, or you think the unit has stopped responding, press the display (1) button again. Sometimes it’s just a display glitch and it’s all it takes to bring it back to normal (took me a while to figure that out! Ha ha ha!)

Conclusion:
- I get decent control of my Ipod now, although I can’t fast forward in the songs.
- The steering wheel will keep the same settings as button 2 and 3 (MENU and not NEXT/PREV TRACK). I didn’t manage to make it work differently, so if you do please let me know.
- The volume is to low (even at MAX) so if you find something to do, please let me know as well. (That brings us back to Topic no.2: Amplifier)
- See my other post above for features/limitations

I hope this whole post will be handful to some Z owners.

Regards
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ipod.JPG (374.1 KB, 87 views)

2005 350Z 35th - SilverStone
2009 370Z Touring/Sport - Platinum Grey

Last edited by Mr_Z; 07-29-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Mr_Z is offline   Reply With Quote