View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Ok, well i'll agree there. I feel like the car is pretty balanced myself... granted I haven't had it on a track so I can't say completely. Another engine option would have always been a nice choice... but I think it just all came down to cost, you have to cut some here and there so you can add in other areas.

I think of my Evo's... I loved them! They were so much fun, they would take a beating and just kept on going... but for a 30k+ car to have an interior SOOO incredibly cheap was just amazing to me... when you buy an Evo you are paying for the drivetrain suspension and brakes... you sure aren't paying for comfort. Then I look at the GTI that has a top notch interior... though I don't get the plaid seats? Maybe some really like it. Either way though it's an excellent all around car.

The Z is a step above that... stock for stock it will hang with a new Evo or STI. No, it doesn't have the modding ability, but here again... I got the Z purposely because the only way to get huge power was to go F.I. in which you're talking at least 5k... which I knew I wouldn't spend because i'm getting married and I need the money. I can afford smaller mods here and there and once all of the NA bolt on's are on... that will be enough for me and they are all easy to take off, put back to stock and sell, though I don't plan on getting rid of this car for a lonnnng time.
Coming from AWD, it makes sense that the z feels balanced. Give it time.

It's a mistake to say the z hangs with stock sti's and Evo's though...there's a reason the z got dropped to c stock.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote