View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
pyrrhus17
Base Member

Drives: xterra
pyrrhus17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Really, you need 2k to track this car? Hardly, 500 for an oil cooler and around 100 bucks for better fluid & pads and you are good to go for the average driver.
Now if you want something you are going to be competing against gutted cars, then yes you are going to be dropping some money to do it.

The Z is 'cheap' for what you get, you can compete out of the box with cars slightly above our price bracket, did not say win but compete. And comparing it to a 240sx is just ridiculous, that was way down the list in its time period compared to the Z.

The price of a 300zx TT in 1991 was 34k and comparing with inflation and adjusting for today you are pushing just over 50k for the same car.
Well I think your going to be closer to 1k without a radiator pads are over 100 buck so is fluid , Where I live in the summer its above 85 closer to 90 f hence the radiator and I want to track at least once a month in the summer . Brakes are also a must they at least need to be vented .my point about the 240 was that is was cheap and takes mods better than the 370z Thats it . I love the car really I just wish it wasn't driving in town watching my oil temp rise to 240f on a regular basis .
pyrrhus17 is offline   Reply With Quote