View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

I have done a bunch of FATT’s at Summit Point. Most with my old G35 and some in my 370Z (I prefer to do NASA track weekends at the Point).

From looking at your post, you do not have an oil cooler. This could be a real problem in the summer time. However, I have seen a novice driver in a G37 run at Summit Point w/o an oil cooler and he never overheated. But he was really crawling around the track.

Once you get a little bit of skill you will overheat your oil.

The same goes for your pads. If you are driving at a pace that does not overheat your oil then you probably won’t overwhelm your pads. Although, I would suggest that you upgrade your fluid to at least Super Blue.

Please be careful if you find your speed increasing through your sessions. Your instructor is not going to know the short comings of our Z cars. He may start pushing you harder thinking that you and the car are capable.

Always keep in mind that your brakes going into ice mode is the single most dangerous occurrence with our Z’s. It’s one thing to go into limp mode, lose clutch pedal pressure, get fuel starvation in turn one, or ruin your differential. These things are easy to recover from for any driver of any skill level.

But with ice mode, remember to drive straight into the gravel trap at the end of the main straight or at the bottom of turn five...

Go in at an angle and you may roll the car.