View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrrhus17 View Post
Is everyone happy with the 370z's engine and its ability to be tuned or FI 'ed or would you prefer Nissan to have a different powerplant and drivetrain in the 370z. I feel the car is great but cant help but being a bit jealous when you see some of the power that EVO's ,Subies,Stangs ,etc etc are getting .Does anybody regret their purchase ?
Getting back to the original question:
Yes I am happy with the motor, and I have gone through a lot of steps and am currently have a supercharger. Transmission Nissan needed to look at much deeper, they did some good upgrades with the motor form the 3.5L to the 3.7L, but the transmission is still rubbish.

Power the other cars are getting?
Hardly, the Evo/subbie guys have a 4 banger turbo from factory, it is fairly easy to throw on some upgrades and supporting mods to get big dyno numbers but that is all it is. The Mustang is a solid car, I bought my Z in 09 so the 5.0 was still in the testing phase and no one knew exactly what we were going to get. Would I get a 5.0 today if I had the choice between it & the Z? Probably not, I would go a completely different route all together.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote