View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 08:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
"modability" of our n/a v6 won't compare hp/$ wise when looking at factory boosted cars or big v8's.

That said, for an n/a v6, I think our Z takes to bolt on mods quite well. Def better than the last gen Z.

As far as big builds, ie. FI, people are having no problem getting 450 to 550 whp out of these cars. Remember, our platform/motor is still relatively young and is a relatively small market compared to domestics like stangs and vettes so development times will ususally suffer.

As far as the evos and sti's go, to really build 500whp+ cars, you'd need to spend some $$ there, maybe not as much as for our Z, but it's not like you throw 2-3K at an STI and wind up with a 500whp car afaik.

Thing is, the vq's don't hold up that well with good numbers on FI. 500whp on a real dyno is stretching it if you're actually gonna drive the thing...luckily it seems like there are very few people that have any interest in tracking their
Z....

There's a lot of talk about stuff coming out, but it's been a while....I wouldn't hold your breath.

I bought the car banking on the 3.7 being right on the edge of breakthrough, but I'm pretty sure it's not coming at this point. At this point in the s2000s life people were knocking on the 9 second door already... We have what... High 11s? And maybe 2-3 guys on the forum with anything close to competitive lap times....
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote