View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
KillerBee370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: with passion
KillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond reputeKillerBee370 has a reputation beyond repute

The bottom line is that in 1974 the Emergency Highway Energy Conservation Act went into effect in response to oil price spikes and supply disruptions during the 1973 oil crisis. The original catch phrase was "55 saves fuel". It was never "55 saves lives". In fact it's widely debatible as to whether or not it shows any increase in saftey as far as traffic related fatalities are concerned. Period. They only kept the national speed laws in effect and changed it to "..saves lives" in order to collect revenue at that point. What a perfect way to do so!

So yes, I will always do my part to warn others against impending revenue collection spots and those who enforce them as well as take every precautionary measure against such legalized extortion myself via my V1 etc.

I speed. So does everyone else. But in the end... "speeding" is only a matter of semantics.
KillerBee370 is offline   Reply With Quote