View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
ZPirate
Track Member

Drives: 09' 370Z & 03' 350Z
ZPirate will become famous soon enough

AK,

Glad you weathered the storm and that you came home to no damage. Those of us down here in eastern North Carolina certainly understand your concern and appreciate your willingness to be prepared for the worse. Thankfully my house and family weathered the storm safely as well. We lost one tree and the yard was littered with tree branches and other debri afterwards, but it's nothing that can't be cleaned up. I spent most of the day yesterday doing just that. The worse thing for us is that we lost power for 8 hours.

I know lots of people probably feel like the government and the news media made too much of the impacts Irene could have had on the Northeast, but I can tell you from experience as somone who has lived in eastern North Carolina most of my life that it is always better to be overprepared than not prepared at all. For me Hurricane Irene was not near as bad as prior Hurricanes I've lived through like Fran and Floyd to name a few. However, we still had 10 inches of rain and winds in excess of hurricane force for several hours. I'm just glad it was a Cat 1 storm when it came ashore rather than a Cat 3.

John
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote