View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 12:17 PM   #56 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Dave:

First off, thanks for posting an incredibly detailed DIY!

I'm a complete newb when it comes to electrical work, but I think I can pull this one off. All I want to do is hook up the EVO light so that it flashes in reverse and stays on constantly with the brakes. By identifying the relevant wires in your write-up, that makes things very easy.

Okay, here are the embarrassing questions - when you tapped into the orange wire, you used a pink connector.

What kind was it?

What wire is it rated for?

Exactly how does it work? Does it clamp on the orange wire and then you just feed the EVO lead into it?

I've seen T-splice connectors; would you recommend one of those?

Again, I've got no experience tapping into a car's electrical system, so these questions probably sound ridiculous.

Thanks in advance.
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote