View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
elmz
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Porsche Boxster
elmz is on a distinguished road

Hehe, I'm sure the joke helped a lot

I got clocked at 130mph(in my 350Z) late one night on the 15 when I used to live in Vegas. I was also a little buzzed. Anyway I saw a car on the side of the freeway waaay ahead of me with its lights on. So I dropped down to 70 mph way before I got up to it, just in case it was a cop - and it was. My heart dropped to my stomach as soon as I could clearly see it was a patrol car. Seconds later, his lights flash, and he was on my ***. I kid you not, I have never prayed to God like I did that night. I was drunk going 130 mph, I knew I was going to jail and getting slapped with a DUI, life was over. To make a long story short it went down like this...

(Me sitting in the car desperately praying to God if he got me out of this one, I would never speed again)
Cop: Do you know how fast you were going?
Me: About 70 mph.
Cop: No, way back there.
Me: (I knew I was busted so I said) Over 100 mph officer.
Cop: I clocked you at 130mph
Me: Really? you can clock me way back there?
Cop: Yep. How fast have you taken this thing?
Me: (That caught me off guard, so I was confused, but I didn't want to incriminate myself anymore)Umm...officer I know I'm in trouble and I don't want to get myself in anymore trouble.
Cop: No, seriously how fast? you won't get in trouble.
Me: (I was even more confused now so I just told him) I've taken it up to 150.
Cop: Wow, that's fast. Where do you live?
Me: Next exit.
Cop: OK, I'm going to give you the max speeding ticket without paying additional fines (I think that's 10mph over the limit) and go straight home.

I swear when that cop walked away I heard the Hallelujah song playing! And I stuck that ticket on the back of my door so I would see it everyday I walk out.
elmz is offline   Reply With Quote