View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
nismonster
Base Member

Drives: 09 NISMO #349
nismonster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhatton View Post
How did you get that Bazooka to fit? I took some measurements and at 8" high ... it doesn't work in either direction. Does it stick up some above the foam level in your car? I think this is an awesome place for a subwoofer, but I would like it to completely fit under the carpet without sticking up if possible.

Thanks!
I saw Mike's bazooka install, so I went ahead and bought my own. Once it was wired up, I just cut the foam and plopped the sub down in there...the carpet fits perfectly, and you can't even tell there is anything in the trunk at all. You kind of have to twist the sub back and forth to get it to wedge down in the hole, but it is not hard and once it is down there and supported by the remaining foam, it will not move at all.

I have been used to ported 12" subs pushing around 600 watt rms prior to this sub. I have to say, there are certain songs that make me wish I had spent more on a stealth box with a full sized sub, but honestly for 95% of the music I listen to this bazooka is PLENTY. I got it for $190 shipped, so you cant beat that price for an amp+sub+box (plus weighs very little)...especially if you want stealth. Also, I consider this cheaper sub as a health plan for my ears
nismonster is offline   Reply With Quote