View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 06:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
roplusbee
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2007 350Z NISMO
roplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond reputeroplusbee has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to roplusbee Send a message via Yahoo to roplusbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortuneLSX-TT View Post
I know one of them is...

My thoughts:
A clutch alignment tool would of been a nice addition to the kit.

I was cross eyed after tightening all the bolts... I'd highly recommend labeling the bolts to ensure you follow the proper pattern. Installed the clutch, went to go bleed the system, and it was just never able to get the right feel to it.

After looking into it, my CSC had failed. Z1 worked with Zspeed and was able to get me one of their HD CSCs pieced together with a quickness. Got the new CSC in, bleeding was easy and straightforward.

Never really drove the Z around with the turbos without the clutch, so keep that in mind. I was going to wait and get all the use I could out of my stock clutch, but after realizing how big of a pain it was to pull the motor and trans I decided to upgrade while it was all out. I wish I would of decided to upgrade the CSC from the beginning, because that would have saved me pulling the trans a second time.

As far as how well it holds the power. Absolutely zero complaints, it seems to handle all the power the turbos are throwing at it so far. It was certainly a lot grippier than stock. The car felt much quicker with the clutch/flywheel. (I did have a period where I had a massive boost leak, so I was technically NA for the shakedown run)

Then comes the true beauty of the clutch, how easy it is to live with. After driving on it for around 5k miles or so, I can happily say that my left leg has barely noticed any difference.

The combo does have a decent amount of chatter, and a few people have thought something was "wrong" with my car because it was making odd "noises".

Bad news is now my master cylinder appears to be going. I will have full pedal feel in the morning when I drive to work. Occasionally by the afternoon I'll only have a few inches of pedal, but after half an hour of driving, the pedal feel will be back to full.

Cliff Notes:
Seems to be able to hold the power of a TT with no issues
Very driveable and easy to live with
Some chatter - to be expected
Stock CSC went on me
Pricey

So if you want a clutch that can handle a lot of power and still retain its streetability with a bit of noise...then this isn't a bad option if its within your budget. I'd recommend the upgraded CSC while you're at it though.
Great info. I will either get this one or the Competition Clutch. Hopefully, Zerolift gets a good bead on the OS Giken. I have had outstanding results with them in previous vehicles.
2007 350Z NISMO #0618: Zerolift | UPREV | F.I. | Greddy | Competition Clutch | Injector Dynamics | Aeromotive | Pioneer | JL
roplusbee is offline   Reply With Quote