View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
TPrelude-370z
Base Member

Drives: 09-Tour-Sport-MB-6MT
TPrelude-370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc370z View Post
First off..

DIY installation of genuine factory rear spoiler....

you need to get the tool like other people say, ignore the shock removal part on the DIY cause you dont need to do that

you can pull the panel down with your nails to get a big enough gap for you to slide the tool in and pop the clips.

try to be more patient next time and read up on DIY or guides before starting your own project would help a lot
You hit it right on the head, patience is the key. This is not one of my strong suits which is why the mistakes were made in the first place. I did read the DIY, and as I mentioned, I tried to convince myself on my year "maybe they only used tape on the 2009."

It didn't really matter if it broke or not because it would cost the same to have a body shop paint that one, or get a pre painted one from a number of online stores.

It is not something I am proud of, but it was nice to get that wing off, clean up the mess back there and make it look like a clean car again, minus the exposed clips and holes of course.

It is prepped and ready for the install now and nobody will be any the wiser. It's funny how much more i will appreciate that clean spoiler knowing all that I went through and the various destructive looks along the way.

Every day when I open that hatch I guarantee I will think about that and smile.