View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
rreign
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 03 Evo 8
rreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloterg View Post
For me its a rather complicated issue that i have thought about since the thought of death came to mind many many years ago. I saw how ppl would put their life on the line for faith, family, or something dear to them and i admired them for it. I think it would be hard to give up ur own life if you dont feel anything else in the world is of equal importance to ur life, thats why I totally agree that if you have loved something more than you love yourself you would understand that if the opportunity came to decide their life lost or urs, more than likely ull choose ur life lost. I get it from ppl all the time that tell me i made a mistake joining the army and that i dont know what im fighting for , etc. but for me it became very simple. I'd rather deploy and suffer physically and see things that would damage me mentally than to have any of my family that i care about see it personally, meaning id rather help keep the fight over there than let it spread to our own backyard. That's why for me the answer is simple, yes i would, in a heartbeat give my life to save many others.
See, you have to take a step back and analyze this statement. I'm an infantry Marine and have personally "been there, done that" so to speak. This statement has nothing to do with giving you life to save mankind. Rather it's a statement that I have personally made many times. I don't fight for everyone over here in the US or anywhere else for that matter. I fight for only the people that are fighting beside me and to make it back to my family.

So in short, you wouldn't die for mankind either. Just the people that are directly in your life that you care for and love.
rreign is offline   Reply With Quote