View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 05:12 PM   #6270 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Yeah, I hate loud cars that aren't fast. That is one of the reasons I am hesitant to throw CBE on my Z (not that we're not fats, just don't want to seem like an obnoxiously loud car. The others being it's still a good amount of money and I'm not sure how much of a diff it will make to me since I use it as my DD and am not tracking much (if at all, but hope to get out some time).

Just asking about the civics because they really annoy me. I've seen civic forums where kids ask for advice on making their car loud just to be loud and not anything about gains or performance.
Well you're in the right thread... the F.I. exhaust even with stock cats adds 20 whp to the car... and with 18" resonators it's VERY quiet, but with a nice growl... add in the test pipes and you are almost at 30 whp... add in again a set of Stillen G3's and you're looking at maybe 40 whp over stock... that's a mid to high 12 second car... especially if you add some pulleys... BUT again you have to be a good driver to get these numbers... but it should be more about the fun of it and just driving on an actual road course would really make us appreciate the Z's ability. I don't have ANY local tracks to me to go to but I would LOVE to run my Z on one! Get a Civic on one of those tracks and it's... buh bye