View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy KGB View Post
"We agree that you are burning some oil, and started documenting your oil level. Bring it back in 1500 miles and we'll check it again. There's a couple more steps in the process, but you may need engine work. There was a slight amount of associated engine noise as well. Drive it normally and check the level." -Service Writer at the dealer

I asked them, (just in case), if they had rebuilt a 370 yet. "So far, only one" was the answer.

I'm a little more than pissed about this. I rarely rag on my car...upper revs every once in a while. IT'S A ******* SPORTS CAR THOUGH!! Why should I have to worry about how much I baby it. Hell, my Maxima has been beaten on for 12 years and 150,000 miles and not one single problem (God bless the VQ30DE).

Mostly, I'm worried about the engine rebuild if needed. I'd rather the thing was built completely in Japan and sent over instead of using a mix of new and old parts. It'll never be the same. I'd almost rather they sent me the money for a new build, and I'll replace everything including a new GTM TT setup and forged internals. Might as well, right? (End rant)

To be continued in a few months...I guess.
If you fail the consumption test you get a new short block, not rebuilt. This is in accordance with the TSB on oil consumption. FYI.