View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #6267 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
Just curious if a loud ricer civic rolled up next to my bone stock Z, what the chances were of them actually being faster than me, not that I am racing on the streets or anything. I am assuming the civic would need to be boosted or be pretty damn stripped down in weight to have a shot at even a stock Z?

BTW, my friend also has a heavily modded speed3 that gets 350whp which he races (not tracks, but actually races) which would obviously smoke me.
A loud car has nothing to do with how fast it is... only how obnoxious the driver is (I poke at our Z guys too lol). I'm not a Civic expert, but without FI, the car would have to REALLY been a freak car to be able to beat a stock 370z WITH a good driver... Civics are quick cars, but they don't have the history that the Z does... I look at it like this... you can have your Civic Si if that's what you like... but ultimately even if you beat me on the track... you're still just driving a Civic... a car that is on every street corner.

Your friend may have 350 whp on an MS3, but the torque steer on those things is TERRIBLE... people do some things to help with it... but how much money does he have in it to make that 350?

I've owned 2 Evo's and a 2010 MS3 that just had an intake and a Cobb tune on it... it was a nice quick car, but i'd take the Z over it any day... which is why I traded it with 4500 miles on it.

The more you mod a car and especially a turbo car (in my experience) the more little issues you have... after a while it just gets ridiculous. My Evo X was to the poitn where it just wasn't even fun to run anymore. I found myself wanting to drive our stock MS3 more than the Evo X. I don't worry to much about my plans to add a CBE to my ART pipes, an intake and maybe some pulleys.