View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
PaulZ370
Track Member

Drives: 011 370 BSM/T/SP/6MT
PaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud ofPaulZ370 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZ370 View Post
On our 370Z cruise last weekend I got nailed by a rock travelling as fast as a 9mm round... (the handgun type for all of you Artillery Folks). Check out the pics under my profile and there is a picture of the windshield with the large crack in it Nissan 370Z Forum - PaulZ370's Album: 370Z Cruise Aug 20th to St Francisville. I have safelite coming to my house tomorrow to replace it, so I'll post back with the results (inc. Pics). But here is one thing everyone seems to be interested in: Price... Total including tax is $332.00.

I'll be watching the guy like a hawk tomorrow!!
UPDATE: Mission Accomplished. The windshield was replaced by Safelite. The Safelite Tech did a very professional job. Although, at the start, as he was dismantling my Z piece by piece, I was having difficulty breathing with every clip and body part he took off. I cannot believe how many body pieces need to be removed to get to the windshield. The job started at 10:30, and was completed at 12:45. All body part edges were taped - no clips were broken, no screws lost, no scratches or any other damage occurred during the installation. The final cost was $332.00 (total WITH Tax). I'll be posting the pictures soon and I'll update this post with the link. Two things to remember - 1. You have to be Brave! and 2. You should not drive your Z for at least an hour after the repair to give the rubber gasketing material time to set properly.

Ok, pics uploaded - here is the link: http://www.the370z.com/members/paulz...placement.html

Here's a link for some good info on Windshields: http://www.carwindshields.info/

BD2ZBN :: 2011 BSM/TRG/SP/6MT/Stillen Oil Cooler/K&N CAI/Michelin PSS/Brake Light/EIBACH Sway Bars/FI Res. HFC+18" Res. CBE/Morimoto XB LED/DRLs/10mm Spacers

Last edited by PaulZ370; 08-27-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Added Link to Pictures
PaulZ370 is offline   Reply With Quote