View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokwork View Post
Always a good idea to do your homework, after all this is a 35k car and 1k+ item. I would recommend FI to anyone and everyone, scraping is not an issue with it. I know the ark's scrape on the flanges. I may switch to art pipes sometime, I'd like to hear them in person first. Any rasp at all with them? If I had the dough to spare I'd go with FI LTH.
No rasp at all that i've ever heard... plus they do quiet down as they break in. I wouldn't do LTH's here... I don't know about there, but now that i've changed the cats out, it wouldn't be a big deal to do it again... with the LTH's forget that! I did think about Stillen's headers, but the fitment for them doesn't seem to be to good based off of some reviews with lining up with HFC's that are not also Stillen... they supposedly produce very little, if any gain anyway so no point. Why couldn't I just have the OE's ported and polished anyway and save some money? I wouldn't do it, but some might.

The F.I. has been at the top of my list for quite some time, but I just want to wait on the other systems... I have yet to hear an F.I. with ART pipes... I want the 18" resonators so it's quiet though... I think with the TP's it will produce a nice low growl, but sort of sleeperish
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote