View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:51 PM   #223 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Our first 2 pre-production units for the race level solution are currently in the CNC right now. These will be the final "prototypes" and unless we run into an issue, we shouldn't have to make any changes or updates. So we are writing all the final CNC programs and everything as we machine these components.

By Tuesday I expect we will have each billet component of the product finished with all the CNC programs finished. Then we will fabricate the 2 pre-production units. It is built out of 4 billet aluminum components. 3 of them are welded together, 1 of them bolts up during installation. There is a machined plastic component. Electrical components, etc. By the end of the week we will have both pre-production products completely built and ready for installation. By then we will have the entire parts list and machine times in Excel, and we can set the final price.

The pre-production units will be put through installation and testing before we build the first retail batch. Before we build the first batch, we will offer nearly full disclosure and pricing so that we can get an idea of interest level, this way we know how many to build the first time around. We wouldnt want to immediately make a massive batch of 100 in-case the first consumers notice something that we didnt, and we have to make a change. However, the theory on which is operates, while somewhat complicated, is pretty dang easy to test. If a problem doesnt occur within a tank or two of street driving, and a single day on the track, then I cannot forsee any untested circumstances that could cause a problem. To be quite honest, I have absolute zero doubt at all about its performance in terms of solving the fuel starvation concerns. What I am all about testing here is making sure that nothing pops up as a problem during daily driving. I want there to be absolutely no side-effects from this product. It needs to be something you install and forget about, along with forgetting about fuel starvation.

I havent decided if I want to show pictures of it before its anodized or just wait to show it off until its 100% finished product. I will make that decision when the units are 100% built. I believe that one of the pre-productions will go straight into a test car, while the other one goes out for anodizing for photos and marketing. We also have to sort out the entire installation parts list.

We have put a lot of effort into making this a really trick part. Its taken much longer than I planned (as usual), but its coming out really nice and should be well worth it.

Another note, this current model upgrades the fuel system a bit while its in there. Along with the proper sized fuel injectors, this product will increase your fuel systems horsepower capacity to somewhere in the mid 500s to the wheels. Down the road, we will work on making a high horsepower version for those running built engines with forced induction. Currently almost nobody is in those shoes, so its not really needed.

Last edited by phunk; 08-26-2011 at 05:55 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote