View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
fxroar
Track Member

Drives: '10 40th Anniversary
fxroar is on a distinguished road
Default EVO-R Fog Flash Kit

First of all, thank you chuckd05 for the great price on the rear fog flash kit! He shipped it on the 24th of August and it came in the mail today. Here's a pic!

So.. what's with the extra pill? lol..

I am hoping to get this installed tomorrow or early next week and then I'll have more pics or maybe a video the following day.

UPDATE *09/07/11 - Wednesday*

I got the fog light installed a week ago.. Just had the time now to start updating stuff on the website. But anyways..

There were three different wiring that came out of the fog light.
One for ground. One for STEADY power (Dim). One for FLASHING power (Bright).

I had the steady power tapped into the brakes instead of the park light so whenever I step on the brake the Fog would come on. I had the Flashing power wired into the reverse to have that F1 style flashing every time I am backing up.

When the steady power comes on its NOT very bright. If you want to have it do a low ON then SOLID HIGH then I suggest purchasing the regular fog lamp as this assembly will do you no good. I've heard that there's a member that was able to let it flash 3-4 times then get it to stay solid. He was also able to incorporate a traffic mode which enables the fog light to NOT flash seconds after hitting the brakes again, but rather just come on STEADY HIGH. I've seen it on youtube.. and I've yet to contact the guy on how he did it.. but for now here's a vid!

EVO-R Flash Kit 370z

I did..
Brakes ONLY
Brakes + Reverse
Park lights + Brakes
Park lights + Brakes + Reverse
in that order.

Last edited by fxroar; 09-08-2011 at 12:23 AM.
fxroar is offline   Reply With Quote