View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #39 (permalink)
Pharmacist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6MT
Pharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the roughPharmacist is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfire View Post
If you want a great luxury car that turns on a dime and will give you trouble free years as long as you don't abuse it, then you get a BMW.
Tell that to the owners of brand new 335i whose car stalls cuz their fuel pump fails. And based on what i read, the problem plauges not just 07 or 08 but even 09 model years. 3 years and bmw still can't make a fuel pump that works. Apparently even the redesigned upgrade are still prone to failure. Really inexcusable for such an expensive car. And it has nothing to do with abuse or track use either.

BMWs are good as lease cars, just for fun and showing off. But only a lunatic would really own one beyond the warranty expiration.
Quote:
My mom had an E46 330ci convertible and that thing rocked for the street, but I would never take it on the track. Now she has a 335i convertible and it's even more enjoyable to drive.
I test drove a 335i coupe with stick shift. It was lots of fun. I have to say the engine smoothness and quiteness, low end torque, and the smooth linear clutch and smooth transmisssion shifting were really pleasurable, quite a notch better than the Z. But the inability to cheaply tune them for track use and the horror stories I read about their reliability turned me to the Z.
Quote:
But look at porsche, they're one of the last (if not the last) non-supercar company that has an entire line up of cars that are built for the street and the track
*cough*cayenne*cough*