View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #80 (permalink)
Jamaica
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Under boost
Jamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jamaica

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind.zero View Post
I plan on cutting a hole and pop riveting a louvered section in this weekend. A spare fender lining is about $65 from Courtesy Nissan and I live 15 minutes from them. So no big deal if I do not like it or it turns out bad. I realize I could just Dremel out louvers or drill out a grid of holes but I think the louvered section looks better and has a better chance of deflecting out road debris.

Hopefully it looks something akin to this:

When I decided to go FI, I had ordered a 34R from Z1 but cancelled it. Sam said it would not work with the oil filter relocation kit. I think it probably would fit, and all I would need are custom oil hoses. Or it might interfere with the Rotrex fluid cooler, I don’t know. I went with the GTM oil cooler kit because Sam guaranteed it would all work seamlessly together. But I agree that the larger cooler would probably help with heat dissipation.

I only really notice the lag on the way home when it is well over 100 outside. I cannot wait for some cooler weather.

I will have to check this out when it is on the lift for the Greddy oil pan install. Thanks for the tip.

I have not really had a chance to really get on it hard and test the car. The first days I had the car back were on a very conservative, rich tune. I was getting 11 MPG. It also has been hotter than h@ll where I live.

I have now had the car a week with a good tune and as of today got almost 17 MPG. Normal driving is a drastic difference because there is a huge amount of power and torque available. The rush of air you here is sweet. I turned of VDC and went sideways during a 1-2 shift one day this week.

If you ask me, it is the way the car should have come from Nissan. I have not gotten to fully thrash the car and won’t until I solve my oil temp issues but so far the car rocks. The few really hard accelerations were impressive and definitely put a smile on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Are you reading your mpg off of the gauge? If so that is not accurate anymore since you upgraded injectors
how would i get an accurate reading then?
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote