View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:42 AM   #77 (permalink)
Jamaica
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Under boost
Jamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond reputeJamaica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jamaica

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind.zero View Post
I plan on cutting a hole and pop riveting a louvered section in this weekend. A spare fender lining is about $65 from Courtesy Nissan and I live 15 minutes from them. So no big deal if I do not like it or it turns out bad. I realize I could just Dremel out louvers or drill out a grid of holes but I think the louvered section looks better and has a better chance of deflecting out road debris.

Hopefully it looks something akin to this:

When I decided to go FI, I had ordered a 34R from Z1 but cancelled it. Sam said it would not work with the oil filter relocation kit. I think it probably would fit, and all I would need are custom oil hoses. Or it might interfere with the Rotrex fluid cooler, I don’t know. I went with the GTM oil cooler kit because Sam guaranteed it would all work seamlessly together. But I agree that the larger cooler would probably help with heat dissipation.

I only really notice the lag on the way home when it is well over 100 outside. I cannot wait for some cooler weather.

I will have to check this out when it is on the lift for the Greddy oil pan install. Thanks for the tip.

I have not really had a chance to really get on it hard and test the car. The first days I had the car back were on a very conservative, rich tune. I was getting 11 MPG. It also has been hotter than h@ll where I live.

I have now had the car a week with a good tune and as of today got almost 17 MPG. Normal driving is a drastic difference because there is a huge amount of power and torque available. The rush of air you here is sweet. I turned of VDC and went sideways during a 1-2 shift one day this week.

If you ask me, it is the way the car should have come from Nissan. I have not gotten to fully thrash the car and won’t until I solve my oil temp issues but so far the car rocks. The few really hard accelerations were impressive and definitely put a smile on my face.
I have the relocation kit in my hand right now. I am installing it today. I have both 34 row nd 25 row. My goal is to try the 34 kit.. I believe it can be done.

MPG. I was getting 28.9. I am raelly shocked about those numbers. I was getting worse before around 19 now 28.9 really shocking. Sam also talk about running dual oil cooler that could help alot. That is my plan if the 34 row doesnt fit and also with the CSF radiator.
Jamaica is offline   Reply With Quote