View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #75 (permalink)
wind.zero
Enthusiast Member

Drives: NISMOSIS
wind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of lightwind.zero is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Just cut a big hole in the black part under the bumper cover on the side of the oil cooler, and direct the air from under the car up to the oil cooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
I say try the Greddy pan before cutting holes on the car, even if they are not visible. If it doesn't provide enough cooling then add the fan and vent the fender liner. That's what I would do.
I plan on cutting a hole and pop riveting a louvered section in this weekend. A spare fender lining is about $65 from Courtesy Nissan and I live 15 minutes from them. So no big deal if I do not like it or it turns out bad. I realize I could just Dremel out louvers or drill out a grid of holes but I think the louvered section looks better and has a better chance of deflecting out road debris.

Hopefully it looks something akin to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaica@UAMotorsports View Post
very interesting. Do you think you should try a 34 row instead of a 25 row?
When I decided to go FI, I had ordered a 34R from Z1 but cancelled it. Sam said it would not work with the oil filter relocation kit. I think it probably would fit, and all I would need are custom oil hoses. Or it might interfere with the Rotrex fluid cooler, I don’t know. I went with the GTM oil cooler kit because Sam guaranteed it would all work seamlessly together. But I agree that the larger cooler would probably help with heat dissipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Happy to see you have good throttle response with all this heat (air and oil). My car, in stock form, lag quite a bit with the high temps.
I only really notice the lag on the way home when it is well over 100 outside. I cannot wait for some cooler weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstrnldr View Post
One thing i did think of, you may double check the oil line routing. If these got reversed on accident, it will cause the oil temps to be higher than normal. The oil filter doesn't like to flow oil backwards for some reason. Kind of a long shot, but I've seen it done once before.
I will have to check this out when it is on the lift for the Greddy oil pan install. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
So hows the performance compare to your Z before the S/C?
I have not really had a chance to really get on it hard and test the car. The first days I had the car back were on a very conservative, rich tune. I was getting 11 MPG. It also has been hotter than h@ll where I live.

I have now had the car a week with a good tune and as of today got almost 17 MPG. Normal driving is a drastic difference because there is a huge amount of power and torque available. The rush of air you here is sweet. I turned of VDC and went sideways during a 1-2 shift one day this week.

If you ask me, it is the way the car should have come from Nissan. I have not gotten to fully thrash the car and won’t until I solve my oil temp issues but so far the car rocks. The few really hard accelerations were impressive and definitely put a smile on my face.
wind.zero is offline   Reply With Quote