View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
nightfire
Base Member

Drives: Mk IV Jetta turbo
nightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond reputenightfire has a reputation beyond repute

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying german cars have gone down the crapper, that's a little harsh. I mean BMW isn't made to be a track car and everyone knows that. If you want a great luxury car that turns on a dime and will give you trouble free years as long as you don't abuse it, then you get a BMW. My mom had an E46 330ci convertible and that thing rocked for the street, but I would never take it on the track. Now she has a 335i convertible and it's even more enjoyable to drive. Mercedes however, I can't say the same for. They're quality and reliability have been pretty bad for the last 10 years or so and they love to make innovative stuff that's way to pricey and loves to break. But look at porsche, they're one of the last (if not the last) non-supercar company that has an entire line up of cars that are built for the street and the track but is still made for every day luxury. I wouldn't count out those germans just yet...