View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Jason resolved the water temp issue by removing air bubbles in the system, but I started getting paranoid about EGT issues down the road. I went ahead and ordered the Fast Intentions HFCs. The OEM cats were too restrictive, so hopefully the HFCs will help lower the EGTs while improving exhaust flow.

F.I.'s recommendation was to relocate the HFC further down the pipe because of the heat from the turbos and engine. The plan was to install test pipes, and then custom mount the HFCs to the s-pipe area (after the test pipes). This is something I may do down the road.

Other than that, he says the car is doing well. He'll start on the gauges soon, but waiting for the HFCs will give him some more time to work on the car.