Thread: 135i or 370z
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 AM   #72 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by holen1ne View Post
I have the same problem. For me, the comparison goes like this

370Z
Pros
Sports car look and feel
Price
More cheaply modified in every way.
Cons
2 seater
Not a BMW (I know this is stupid, but I just have a place in my heart for german engineering)

BMW
Pros
4 seats
Comfort
Driving (just felt more in tune shifting this car over the Z)
maintenance
Cons
Price (at that price I think it should perform like the m1 not an STI, EVO, and Z)
Its kinda fugly unless you go with the M1 (which you can't get)
You have to ask this question first - can I really live with just two seats?

That answer, more than any other, will determine your choice. It doesn't sound like that big of a deal, but it is.

I've been out of school 30 years now, and have gone full circle car-wise. The wife and I went through a string of RX-7's and other sporty coupes just prior to little gurney arriving. That's when life as we knew it stopped.

SUV's, an Odyssey (probably one of he best vehicles I've ever owned - the shame), and four door cars ruled the day. Eventually a crack in the heavens opened, and two door coupes were acceptable and somewhat practical - Acura CL Type S and G37S.

Now that the little fella is away at college, and the wife is happy with her MDX, I pulled the trigger on my Z. I can't describe how the memories of my RX-7's are flashing back.

Point to this fillibuster is knowing what you need along with what you want. One may trump the other, but eventually it all comes back to the same place. It's the "circle of life".
Waiting on the Z35! SOLD - 2011 Gun Metallic Touring 7AT w Sports Pkg & Nav, Nismo Bumper and Rims, RC Grille, RC Brake Ducts, H&R Spacers, Painted Door Hdls, GTR Start Button, Nav By-Pass, EVO R Fog Light, CF Ducktail, CF Interior Trim