Thread: Turbo 370z's?
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 12:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

I'm wondering because from experience, our fuel (94 chevron withOUT Ethenol) is inferior to knock prevention compared to US fuel. With my GTR, it had to be (de)tuned from other custom tunes from the states due to detonation / knock. Knock count was insane until we lowered the boost and timing. My 420ztt was tuned in California for 91 octane, but using our 94 octane locally still produced lots of audible knock, until we detuned it slightly. If it wasn't for my built motor, it'd be in pieces. Also recently saw a GTM TT 370z with a bent rod after just 2 weeks of driving since returning from GTM.

That's why I'm wondering...I know for a fact it's inferior and we cannot run the same tuning maps as those in the states even with their 91 octane (usually with 10% ethanol). I tried running with 94 octane locally WITH 10% ethanol and knock count showed improvement on my Cobb AP in my GTR, but still not within the safe zone...