Thread: Hertz HDP Amps
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default Amp Brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclemeaty View Post
I live in GA, you in FL. I imaging things may be a bit hotter in FL depending on where, but Atlanta has been hotter than Tampa according to some recent visitors of mine. Although they run hot, my SS Class-A Reference and Reference 1000sx do not run hot enough to go into protection. You should be fine with most amps in the compartment below the foam, especially an amp for just door speakers.

Also, my friend has a DBDrive 1600 amp which I repaired for him. It's class-D, and actually runs hotter than my SS 1000sx which is class-ab. Class-d is not all that it is cracked up to be in some cases and depends a lot upon construction, design, sync material, and driving loads. In my experience repairing amps this has come more apparent, and the irrelevance both widened and narrowed between the differences of Class-AB and Class-D. Class-D has a lot of hype and not a whole lot of real good amps using it correctly. I've seen maying using components designed for AC/DC motors and not for Audio.

Yes, Zed makes great amps. I'm glad to see they are making them again as they were the original pioneer car-amp designers of the 70s-90s. They built the first 2x200w amp for cars and called it a very early series Hifonics Zeus.
I looked at ZED Audio Draconici ii amp. Its a 4-channel amp that should work with a set of focal K2P for the fronts a couple of small subs I plan to locate in the rear hatch area where the foam piece is located in front of the spare tire well. This amp can be bridged front and rear as I understand. Do you have any experience with this amp?
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote