View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Over the years, I believe Mr. Jobs has fostered a very creative and user-centric team that will continue the successes.

One of the big reasons that Apple has done so well since Jobs came back years ago, is that he was one of the founders of Apple, not just a someone on the CEO merry-go-round like Gil Amelio was.

I bought my first Mac in 1995 and at the time thought that I had made a huge mistake because it looked like the company was going under. Their stock was slightly under $14/share at the time. Unfortunately for my pocketbook, the opposite happened and I didn't invest. Their stock has split at least twice since then, which means I would have been a millionaire if I'd invested in '95 instead of being fearful.

IMO, the only way to continue successes in ANY company are to promote from within. Hiring outside, uninvested CEOs is a death nell for companies. Business schools seem to teach the opposite, but they're full of crap. That kind of management just get richer while the employees and customers get screwed.

Apple will be fine as long as they follow the course that they've been on for over a decade.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote