Thread: limp mode temp.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
ZKindaGuy
Track Member

Drives: 370Z-AT7 Tour+Sport
ZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeZKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannibul View Post
Are you an oil engineer? Which company do you work for? Where did you get this information?
No I'm not...but I am a person that does his homework and have been doing it for cars for 38 years. Does that make me an expert? No but compared to some of the folks here I'd say I have more reliable information than the folks who pull crap straight out of their azz or who repeat it as second-hand information.

Quote:
Which company do you work for?
Irrelevent...period.

Quote:
Where did you get this information?
in a study conducted by Porsche - is that good enough or does it have to come from some place more or less exotic to your liking?

Quote:
Engine life is whatever you make of it.
That's pure because as the consumers we didn't spec out or engineers the car we are talking about and its oil temp issue for some folks. If you are going to question my substatiated opinion then do it with something factual and not something esoteric like "life it what you make of it".

Quote:
THE most important thing is to change the oil when you're supposed to.
I agree about changing oil when you are supposed to but thyat is a complete OVER-SIMPLIFIED beg-off of the issue being discussed. Even if you change the oil very religiously, if the car is running hot it can over time if continued to run in that condition shorten the life of the engine. Changing the oil does'nt cure or wash away accumulated wear and tear.

I really suggest you do your homework before the next time you decide to open your mouth and change feet.

Last edited by ZKindaGuy; 07-27-2009 at 03:17 PM.
ZKindaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote