View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, Jim. I like the smooth deep sound, but the drone does get pretty loud at times even with the stock cats.

How about this: N/A it was 12" TDX and stock cats. This is as loud as I can handle, and it's a plus if the turbos attenuate the current sound. With Berk HFC, the drone was obnoxious and the rasp was terrible.

So with the said solutions, I don't want my exhaust getting any louder and I definitely don't want any ricey sounding rasp.

I don't mind RTP if it doesn't stink up the place and holds up well for daily driving (i.e., CEL).

[EDIT] I settled with HFCs from Fast Intentions since I want to avoid rasp and smell. Although there is no 100% guarantee (no warranty) of the life span of the HFC with the turbos, it is the quickest solution. F.I.'s recommendation is a test pipe and catted s-pipe combination, which will move the HFC further away from the turbos. Resonators are technically not needed because the turbos already subdue the sound, so it ends up saving me money.

Last edited by DIGItonium; 08-25-2011 at 05:28 PM.
DIGItonium is offline   Reply With Quote