View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figtuna View Post
I rarely see laser at all and the majority of law enforcement use K-band radar. Since 2007 I can count the number of times it pick up laser on 2 hands, mostly false! Guess it depends on which state you live in.

Regards
Steve
Use of laser is a state by state and even a department by department situation...Ka and K band units are a lot less expensive (at least they have been historically; I haven't actually checked in a while).

The scarcity of laser units is a good thing for drivers - laser is almost impossible to beat no matter what detector you have; avoiding a ticket based on a laser unit is as much a matter of luck (a car ahead of you getting painted before you get there) as it is how good your detector happens to be.

The best way to avoid speeding tickets is with a good detector AND not driving like an idiot (i.e. not driving as if you think the public highways are racetracks).