View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mr_Z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z PG-M6
Mr_Z is on a distinguished road
Smile It works!!

Topic no.1: IPod:

Hi guys,

I have installed the adaptor and the good news is that IT WORKS!!
Now the bad news is that it a bit complicated to figure out how to control and navigate. The manufacturer has not written a manual specific to the 370Z and I am one of the first to reallly try it out.

So what I can tell you so far:

Pros:
- Easy install
- Charges the iPod and stops/resume where it was when radio is turned off or when leaving the car.
- Good sound quality
- Radio and Steering wheel get some decent control of the iPod
- You can see the artist/song on the Radio! (but with no scrolling on long names)
- There is an “aux mode” that will let you control the iPod from the iPod instead of the radio… but with this alternative, you will loose the text display feature and any control from the radio.
- You can add an additional item (SAT + iPod + Something else) in the AUX2 chanel.

Cons
- Very difficult navigate and will need some time to get use to it.
- No fast forward/reverse function
- Volume is lower than by the direct HU aux input in front, meaning that I am often at the MAX volume and wish it would go a little bit more. At level 30 (MAX) it's equivalent to CD level 20.
- A bit expensive

I have played with it the whole weekend and I still haven’t figured out the best setup yet. Some testing/configuration needs to be done so I will post the result of my findings and a little guide when I have investigated all options thoroughly.

Well, at least now we have a much better solution than connecting through the front aux and that makes me happy already!

Cheers!

2005 350Z 35th - SilverStone
2009 370Z Touring/Sport - Platinum Grey

Last edited by Mr_Z; 07-31-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Mr_Z is offline   Reply With Quote