View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by takjak2 View Post
Could be the lines, everyone with a Z1 kit has beefy AN -10, but I didn't think you had a thermostatic sandwich plate. So 100% of the flow should be directed to the oil cooler. Pressure will be higher with smaller lines but volumetric flow the same. Reductio ad absurdum if your lines were ten times larger, would you expect lower temps?
No thermostatic plate, however if I recall there might be a bypass. Also during the last oil change a ball bearing and a spring fell out, not sure if it was the plate or the back flow preventer in the filter as I mangled the filter pretty good trying to get it off.

Line size is only an issue if the line in the most restrictive point, if the cooler was the most restrictive point then increasing line size would be useless. The core was designed for up to -12 so I think -8 might be a little small.