View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
boosted180
Base Member

Drives: '09 370z sport 6m
boosted180 is on a distinguished road
Default warning re: oil hose and fittings!

the hose that connects to the fitting from on my cooler slipped off today as i was driving on the freeway. i saw a lot of smoke coming out and immediately, i thought, "oh crap, i hope it's not one of my oil hoses". i got off the gas and pulled off right away and sure enough the hose just slipped off the fitting and all the oil spilled out and covered the entire bottom of the car, wheels, tires, everything. i was shocked to see this b/c these fittings are made so that you fit the hose over them and they are NOT suppossed to come off or require anything else to hold them on. (see pic)

maybe these setrab fittings are just a tad bit smaller than my previous fittings from aeroquip? i've been running this setup WITHOUT zip ties or clamps for the past 2 years. the only thing different is that i just changed out the tru-cool cooler to a setrab and used their fittings.

well, now i have it zip-tied on all the hose to fitting points. i'll probably replace the zip ties with clamps soon just to be extra sure. imagine if this happened on the track coming into a corner and oil spilling everywhere onto the tires and everythign else!

MAKE SURE YOU GUYS USE ZIP TIES OR CLAMPS ON ALL YOUR HOSE TO FITTING POINTS! (and wipe off all oil from teh INSIDE of the hoses before putting onto the fittings)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110819_192813.jpg (363.9 KB, 122 views)
boosted180 is offline   Reply With Quote