Thread: FJ Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue370tt View Post
If you read my original post you will see I never said it was great for towing.....ok or decent at best. I mentioned the H3 and Liberty because they had the EXACT same HP in 2007 as the FJ.....239. That being said, the FJ out pulled them and out performed them.

My FJ is my daily driver. I know you might believe your random drives in the FJ are = to my DD experience....but thats not possible.

The point everyone missed is that its not a power issue but rater a wheel base issue. Yes, a longer wheel base vehicle will tow better....but...the FJ is not under powered.
Having towed in a wrangler and an fj, I can attest that power is part of the issue.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote