View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 05:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Just fvckin tell 'em.

Wages have barely kept up with inflation for, oh, about 95% of the population for the past 30 years, so it's unlikely anyone will be shocked by your income, whether it's "high" or "low".

Anyway, if you can afford a Z you can't be doing that awful, relativley speaking... (hey, just cheered myself up!).

This is an old boomer thing -- back then people actually earned a decent living (i.e., one income supported a family with more money for luxuries), so perhaps it was weird to talk about. Today, two incomes are needed to get by, often with some debt.

Anyway, Gen X and Y have no reason to feel awkward -- just tell it like it is.

Also... if it's co-workers, it would be nice to know if you are getting a decent salary or getting screwed, no?

I bet the whole norm was started by bosses anyway. By making people feel uncomfortable talking about their salaries you can make it harder for people to determine whether or not they are getting paid what they're theoretically worth.

Last edited by Jordo!; 08-22-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote