View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandy OrangeZ View Post
I think im going to go with 1.2* and try out the 255/30/20 . I think its going to be fine since ill be adding a full degree of negative camber and have a smaller sidewall. Thanks guys
Well, I think you need more than 1.2* of camber to get away with the setup you want, though it depends on your setup. What're you dropped on?

For reference, this is a 255/40/18 on swifts.

I'm running 1.5* of camber up front right now.

I presume (of course) you have front camber arms...my recommendation would be about 1.5-1.9* of camber, assuming you run the car in the twisties occasionally. I found with under 1.5* of camber, you often don't have sufficient camber through turns. When I did temp readings on my tires after the dragon, I still had hotter exteriors by a significant amount, even with 1.5* of camber.

Last edited by Red__Zed; 08-21-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote