Thread: Hertz HDP Amps
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 01:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
37Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z MB 6M -sold
37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute37Z has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Sound System

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
I would think Hertz along with the other high end brands would be great. What are you thinking of powering with them?
I already have Focal K2P speakers for the fronts that need 70RMS to power them. The HERTZ amp supposedly smooths out the highs well.

Any suggestions on a sub located in the rear area covered by the foam piece in front of the spare tire well is appreciated. I like this location since it would not required removal of anything. I thinking a pair of 6" or 8" subs located either side of a small footprint amp side firing that would be installed in a ported sub box primarly for a hidden look. For the music I listen to, I do not need a massive amount of bass.

How did you like the JBL MS-8 processor? It is my understanding that I is easy to tune, but has it limitations due to the out-of-the-boxd tuning that comes programmed with it. From the comments on the DIY web site, this processor suppossedly sounds best with a center speaker; not sure why. I do have a set of Alpine 6117 speakers with a small footprint that could be used for a center speaker if need be. Any thoughts?
37Z is offline   Reply With Quote