View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough
Default Motordyne ART pipes review

Well for my first mod as I had posted before, I decided to get Motordyne's ART pipes. I did A LOT of research on dyno's with certain types of exhausts, and some with intakes, etc.

From what I saw and read from others, the ART pipes are the best of both worlds in that they aren't as loud as HFC's but have more power than your standard test pipes.

I ordered the pipes and they got here in 4 days from the other side of the country Fed Ex. Tony was good about it and was available to speak with on a Sunday ... working away... Tony, that's the Lord's day! Take off once in a while lol. Easy going guy and very nice to talk with.

I started the installation and wasn't quite sure what to expect.... one side was very difficult, then we (my roomate and I) got it down and the other side was no problem at all. Installing the pipes was actually quite easy to be honest... they are light, easy to handle and are really no problem to negotiate under the car. All the parts were there, welds looked top notch ... the whole product is just the highest quality.

The big moment. My roomate checked all of the bolts and everything was back together... we unhooked the battery and waited for several minutes... it's ready to go!

I press the botton and the car starts up... honestly I don't hear a whole lot more than I normally would except a little rattle. I hit the gas a little and that stops... likely just something loose or just the pipes first break in sound that I expect. Right off the bat the car revs faster. I get out of the car and it just sounds great to me.

I let the car warm up and back it out... off I go. I give it a little gas in first... yep it's faster.. I only need a crack of the throttle to be able to tell. I get out of town and onto a back road... I hammer down the gas... i'm shocked at the difference of the way the car pushes me back into the seat... soooooo much harder than before. It's snap, like a snap that will hurt your neck if you aren't ready to be honest.

I pull up to a stop sign and turn ... the car is in second... I hit the gas, but not full throttle, and the car feels like it wants to break loose.. but it actually does because I feel the traction control working. The windows are down and even though the pipes are brand new... the tone just sounds SO good with each rev match... it's just beautiful!

Conclusion: With this being my first mod, I cannot speak for other mods obviously. I feel this was an EXCELLENT choice and I would certainly buy it again. The pipes are a little pricey, but for the kind of power, quality, and customer service, you really cannot beat it. The car really does feel completely different ... I mean like the car should feel to begin with.

I HIGHLY recommend this mod to anyone who is thinking about HFC's or TP's for a first mod, or to add to their CBE set-up.

and now.... a sound clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pivv...ayer_embedded#!

Last edited by Methodical4u; 08-20-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote