View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 11:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
davidyan
Base Member

Drives: PG 370Z Sport 6MT
davidyan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
Hey guys. I bought my 370Z a few days ago, and I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advise. I am looking around the forum for useful info. Thanks.
- Pay attention to your oil temps. Let it cool down if it goes over 230 - 240 F. The motor oil on our car tends to get hot. Many recommend oil coolers. Normal cruising should be around 220F.

- Use either the Nissan Ester Oil or a Group 5 synthetic like Redline, Motul. Although, there is a lot of debate over whether the Nissan Ester is necessary, my friend also has the 370Z and when he changed the oil using a non-Ester, it made a lot of noise which I heard firsthand. Sounds way worse than mine (note- exact same car). He also mentioned the noise wasn't there until the change to a non-Ester. Nissan highly recommends its Ester based 5W-30 oil which is sold in its parts dept for anywhere from $9 - 20/quart.

- use a sunshade when parking the car. One person had his door split / crack open from the heat. Cheap plastic.

- If you have a 6MT, your first gear will sound loud, as will any clutch disengagement coming out of that gear. Nothing much you can do about it, its just the way it was built.

- Watch out going over speed bumps and into / out of parking lots. The little black piece of plastic coming from under the front bumper is very low and scratches easily even at the slightest of inclines.
davidyan is offline   Reply With Quote