View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
imokjack
Base Member

Drives: 10 370Z sp cp auto
imokjack is on a distinguished road
Default Has anyone seen a 2011 Z

You probably have found something by now but around Ohio a 2011 Z is only a dream with all the problems in Japan. My dealer hasn't gotten one yet.

I have 17,500 miles on my 2010 Z sport coupe with auto. I upgraded the exhaust to NISMO a week later (that was a questionable value) and added a Stillen Gen 3 air intake and oil cooler at 17,000. The Gen 3 air intake is a great add on. The oil cooler has dropped the temp by 20-24 degrees which I consider great good buy considering the value you have in today's engines.

However, the best buy was originally going with the auto. A friend has added the Stillen Super Charger on his manual and now wishes he had the auto. I found the gear box tight specially in 5 & 6 and couldn't fancy the idea of being married to the gear stick. In less than 10 minutes of my test drive I was going from 1st to 3rd to 5th just to get out of the repetitive routine of urban start and go traffic. Then I tried an auto with the paddle shifters and I was surprised that I didn't sense the loss of driving a sports car. I always use the paddles for passing. I think it's all in the mind. My next move will be to add a trans cooler next spring as a precaution only.

I plan to keep my Z for a while but I absolutely enjoy driving it. The only time it's in the garage is Dec through March. Mileage is 18 around town (aggressive) and I avg. 26.5 on 1,000 mile trips. Tires, original Bridgestone are crap and I'm at 4/32 at 17,500. Three quarters of those miles are highway. Much better tire choices are available which I will be ordering in the next 30-60 days.

Get what you really want and not what the dealer has in inventory. Be willing to go the distance. You'll always be happy with your purchase.
imokjack is offline   Reply With Quote