View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #547 (permalink)
definitionxmk
Track Member

Drives: Stage 2 SC 370Z
definitionxmk will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to definitionxmk Send a message via Yahoo to definitionxmk Send a message via Skype™ to definitionxmk

Aloha!

So, I just picked up my Stage 2 370 and here are my first impressions:

1. Turned the engine on and you can tell that it isn't "stock". I was surprised that the car wasn't OVERLY loud. Especially while I am running the GTM Resonated Test Pipes and Invidia Exhaust. So yeah, it's not that loud during ignition. But still it sounds great!

2. I took it out of the shipping yards and onto the streets with no issues. Already turned some heads but probably for different reasons (yellow paint?) I took it easy on the streets as I didn't want to get pulled over right when I got the car... it was very responsive.

3. Getting onto the highway, I floored it to see how quickly it accelerates... it was fast. In fact, it was so fast that I didn't know I was going past 100 already in just a matter of seconds. I didn't gun it for too long though... but yeah, it's fast. And you can hear the bypass valve clearly =)

4. GTM also installed my multiguage setup. It's pretty cool. I just don't know how to use it. And by that, I mean the little controller that is attached to it. Plus I still have to install an additional sensor. I'll get into it more when I get off work...

5. Upon arrival to my home here in Hawaii, I opened the hood to see the installation. Looks super clean and appears to only have a CAI (Like most photos). Stealthy look as usual but the sound of the car is what amazes people. I can see the motor mounts on the bottom and they look great. Sadly, normal people won't know they are there unless they know what they are looking for.
The intercooler looks awesome. You can see it from far away too. It's not excessively large but just enough to cover the entire gap of the front end. And since it is behind the "fins", it still gives it that stealthy look but all that power behind it.

So yeah, my first impressions. All 30 minutes with the car before I had to goto work again =(

I'll have some videos and photos up by tonight (Hawaii time) when I get home.

FALKEN . AMUSE . STANCE . INVIDIA . MINES . TOMMY KAIRA . BRIDE . VOLK RACING . GTM
Featured in DSPORT issue #137 - Follow me on Instagram: @definitionxmk