View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #616 (permalink)
37drift
Base Member

Drives: Infiniti G37 Coupe
37drift is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosstick View Post
It sounds like grinding right! Lol it first sounded like metal being dragged now it kinda sounds like grinding. Im at the same mileage as you now (About 500, I got it on friday, yes I know I drive A LOT). So Ill keep you posted when it dies down. Quick tip the rattle does not appear if you downshift when coming to a stop lol.
started off sounding like a couple tiny pieces of ceramic bouncing around. the sound was very high pitched and the pieces sounded small. that eventually worked itself into sounding like a couple steel ball bearings bouncing around inside there. little bit deeper sound. pieces bounced longer after i let off the throttle. yesterday it sounded like a single marble. like, a large one. much louder, deeper clanking. today on the way to work was by far the worst. sounded like a flat metal plate bouncing around. sound is present under any driving condition.

i find myself shifting before the car hits 2,000 rpms to keep the volume of the clanking to a minimum. this is not fun. almost drove my vw to work today in order to avoid the clanking. i've really got to get this under control.

Last edited by 37drift; 08-19-2011 at 10:50 AM.
37drift is offline   Reply With Quote