View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
IDZRVIT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '13 CTS-V, '76 Vette
IDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond reputeIDZRVIT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle View Post
Suggestion -

Save yourself a lot of heartburn and use this as a lesson - always check your oil level when you get back from having your car serviced, as well as checking it, and all fluid levels, once a week.

Was it a careless mistake? Yes

Was it intentional? One would certainly hope not. Mantella87 made a great point - these guys change oil all day, a mistake here and there is inevitable. Unfortunately this time, they pulled your lottery ticket.

I don't know how old you are, but take it from one of the "old guys" here on the Board - the only person you can ever truly rely on is yourself. Even then, we all still make careless mistakes occasionally; it's human nature.

I'd be upset too over what happened, but also grateful to the other dealership for steam cleaning your engine, and move on. It's your decision whether the convenience of doing business with the dealership closer to your house is worth the worry of them doing things properly. Convenience has its price.

If we all spent less time worrying about being wronged, and concentrated on what it takes to keep things right, we would be a lot happier.

I'd probably follow up on the advice given here and get an oil change ASAP. I hope all is well with your car.
fully.

I've learned this over the years: If you want it done right, do it yourself! Buy the service manual and a few tools to start off. If you can do the job yourself, the money you save in labour is spent on more tools. Eventually you will be able to tackle the more difficult maitenance and repairs. Also, know your limits!
IDZRVIT is offline   Reply With Quote