View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
gurneyeagle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '18 Audi TT RS
gurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond reputegurneyeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I'll dodge the "Lambo" debate and focus on root cause here.

Ask yourself, "What is the risk?".

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong (it won't be the first time), but aren't the real risks for a car when parked at home exposure to the elements; i.e. wind, hail, rain, snow, and sun. If you are parked under carport, you pretty much have that risk mitigated.

By using a cover, is the incremental protection worth the probable scratches, and possible retribution by some loser - vandalism or stolen cover?

Obviously, we are all passionate about our cars and want to do everything we can to protect them. In this case, I think you are asking for more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited by gurneyeagle; 08-19-2011 at 08:28 AM.
gurneyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote