View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #609 (permalink)
37drift
Base Member

Drives: Infiniti G37 Coupe
37drift is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosstick View Post
Have had the replacement pipes on for about 400 miles. First impression

0-300 miles no problems

After 300 I started to get the rattle my first batch had and it seemed to increase when going uphill.

After about 380 that rattle started go away and a bigger rattle came in its place (sounds like metal banging on metal)

Can anyone give me some insight if this is correct. From what I can remember my first batch of art pipes didn't rattle as bad as these are.

Current Mileage about 400
I'm experiencing basically the same thing on my polished set of ART's. Keep me posted on your issue. I've got about 450 miles into my install and I've been experiencing a rattling/jingling sound which has progressively gotten worse since about 150-200 miles. At first it was only noticeable from the 1750-2750 rpms range, now it's noticeable from 1750-5000 rpms. It's noticeable at a good distance from my car at this point, and a little embarrassing. Sounds like bad bearings on an alternator or something like that coming from inside my pipes.

Tony says it should go away, but in the meantime, it's bugging the hell out of me. Fingers crossed because I really don't want to have to swap these back out.
37drift is offline   Reply With Quote